State of the Art
Floors, Barres and Mirrors
In the spring of 2007, DDC expanded to include another 1800 square feet for a total of 4800 square feet which includes two large studios (30’ X 40’ and 30’ X 30’)with raised wood floors and vinyl marle surfaces, and medium sized studio (30’ X 16’), a small studio (12’ X 14’)a comfortable waiting area for parents and siblings including observation windows, a faculty lounge, and two office spaces.
Here are a few reasons your dancer should dance at Denton Dance Conservatory!!!
- DDC has high standards of class instruction, workshops, master classes and special guest instructors.
- DDC encourages the stimulation and cultivation of the creative nature of the student through dance education.
- DDC promotes an atmosphere of excitement and fun while never drifting from the true professionalism and discipline required to become proficient in the art.
- DDC students are given an opportunity to discover their own potential, not only as dancers, but as choreographers and teachers.
- DDC offers Master Classes and workshops taught by professionals in the field of ballet, modern dance and acting.
- DDC's resident dance company, Denton City Contemporary Ballet, gives professional level performance opportunities to advanced students of the various dance disciplines and serves as Denton's "Ambassador of Dance" when on tour.
- DDC encourages active student participation in community events and performance with local dance and theater organizations
- DDC students and friends receive our bi-monthly newsletter, "Footnotes", to keep them up to date on studio, local and regional auditions, workshops, performances and other dance news.
- DDC's summer DANCEcamps offer a unique opportunity for children ages 4 to 11 to study not only ballet and jazz, but also dance history, anatomy, nutrition, pantomime, and much much more! A great week of study designed with YOUR child in mind.
- DDC also has developed a wonderful Summer Dance Workshop, for ages 11 through 14, with a minimum of three years of ballet study. This workshop has a focus on Pre-Professional Ballet Training, with a slate of special studies which include, but are not limited to developing a personal training curriculum, working on your personal dance resume, audition tips and directions, careers in dance and the arts, and much more. Generally held in the month of June, registration for the camps generally begins in late March and thru April of each year. Please contact the studio for the free brochure
Hours of Operation
Mon thru Thu: 10am-6pm